Updates from January, 2017 Toggle Comment Threads | Keyboard Shortcuts

  • frankiezafe 18:14 on 2017-01-04 Permalink | Reply
    Tags: , ,   

    install-party

    Planning an install party (next tuesday 10/01/2016 TO BE CONFIRMED) at the WTC with @xuv & @ptr_h to test the installation guide of the polymorph engine. If you want to be part of it, no probl’, everybody is welcome, just let me know!

    Note: the installation guide will be completed this week for linux. A guide for windows will follow.

     
  • frankiezafe 19:35 on 2016-11-20 Permalink | Reply
    Tags: , programming,   

    selection_709

    Here is the output and the code of the empty example. It is using polymorph package.

    Once installed (the tricky part, soon fixed with a magic installation script), you just have to extends PolymorphApplication class and start working.

    As you may notice, the class CustomApp does nothing on its own. It just calls the mother class’ methods. The purpose of this empty project is to enlight crucial methods to overwrite in order to start coding something.

    I’m now working on a basic example, showing how to add primitives, load meshes, add lights and animate them.

     
    • frankiezafe 21:34 on 2016-11-20 Permalink | Reply

      @xuv & @balt : i think it’s important to be obvious on what is polymorph and what is ogre by keeping the namespaces as they are. For instance, creating a PNode requires to call polymorph::PNode. When you want to create a vec3, there you have to call Ogre::Vector3.
      In the example above, the using namespace is only used in cpp => for all class params (.h), they have to be set this way. It will be explained in the basic example.
      What d’u think?

      • xuv 14:19 on 2016-11-21 Permalink | Reply

        @frankiezafe : seems coherent.

        • frankiezafe 15:53 on 2016-11-21 Permalink | Reply

          i’ve started working on a “PObject”, wich is a common ground for PNodes, PLights and PSounds. It’s a abstract object defining anyhting located in the 3d world, with possibility to attach them together or add physics on them.
          Result: ultra tuff conceptual work, using an abstract class + a template class for PObject – will work in a few days.

  • frankiezafe 11:40 on 2016-08-13 Permalink | Reply
    Tags: , ,   

    Starting to feel the love!
    As explained yesterday by @xuv, #ogre3d learning curve is stiff. This morning, i started to customise the compositor. The idea is to be able to change the background color of only one part of the screen.

    To do so, i just added one node in the compsitor workspace, before the “3d render” node, that do the cleaning and draw a simple quad. This simple quad uses a shader (via a material, ok it seems to be long) that uses 3 colors variables and 2 multipliers variables.

    The shader itself is simplistic:

    vec4 col = texture2D( tex, uv0 );

    if ( uv0.y <= 0.5 ) { col = mix( bg_color, top_color, top_mult ); } else { col = mix( bg_color, bottom_color, bottom_mult ); } fragColour = col;

    screenshot08132016_123358873

     
c
Compose new post
j
Next post/Next comment
k
Previous post/Previous comment
r
Reply
e
Edit
o
Show/Hide comments
t
Go to top
l
Go to login
h
Show/Hide help
shift + esc
Cancel