I’m currently working on a more user friendly mesh, skeleton & materials converter.
For the little story, when you export a model from blender, the blender addon outputs xml files. These files have to be parsed by the OgreXMLConverter to produce the final files. *.mesh & *.skeleton files are binaries.
It’s a tedious process, especially when you want to organise your files in the folder structure of the application.
The polymorph xml converter wlll make this a bit more handy (when ready):
- hotfolder: define the folder where the blender exports lands after export;
- output models: define the folder where the .mesh files will be exported after conversion;
- output skeleton: define the folder where the .skeleton files will be exported after conversion;
- output material: define the folder where the .material files will be moved;
- output textures: define the folder where images will be moved;
These paths will be saved in a preference file next to the application, to avoid having to reset them each time you open the application.
A demo will come once it will starts to work. For the moment, only the GTK filechooser is plugged in.